Ethical Life Coaching is about helping a client to make some profound goals in varying different areas of their life. Then to support them through the planning, follow through and achievement of those goals. They may be career oriented or cover other areas of life outside of work. They may even be intangible goals such as being full of energy in the morning or kicking a habit.
Coaching is not mentoring where the Life coach advises you what to do.
Think of it like a sports coach working with an athlete. They work together in partnership to achieve goals the athlete may not find so easy to achieve on his/her own.
The coach doesn’t do the running but can help guide the athlete in the right direction to prime their performance, get their mind set in a positive frame and help them become the best they can be.
The coach doesn’t need to be better than the athlete to be a good coach either. Just like in sports, a great athlete doesn’t necessarily make the best coach.
In my personal coaching or career coaching you won’t find me in a track suit. What I offer is coaching for your mind. Here you can set goals around any facet of your life – be it something you want to improve, change or something lacking in your life you want to add.
I can help you define those goals so they really excite you, then support you through the process to completion in a comfortable environment and in far less time than you might be able to do it yourself.
Working with a coach instead of family, friends or spouse means there’s no problem talking about you 100% of the time. The Coach is there for you solely and completely.
By working in 2 or 3 different areas in your life you’ll find it brings the whole of your well-being up a level because you’ll be able to apply your new strategies for thinking to other parts of your life. That flow-on effect makes the coaching all the more valuable.
- You’ll find how satisfying it can be to have someone from the outside ready to give you their attention 100% with no influences or hidden agenda.
- I can look at what you want to do from an objective stance.
- I am not influenced by anyone else in your life. I am not caught up in your life’s detail as much as those around you.
- I can see things about you that you may not be able to see yourself and my job is to be honest in pointing these out so you can learn from them and be supported by me as you make adjustments to resolve any issues we come across.
- I just love to listen to you, see your potential and watch you grow through the series!
- I’m here to ask the hard questions that may be too scary to try and tackle on your own and I offer you someone you can be accountable to as you strive to achieve your goals.
- I can be there completely for you, alone, and what you want.
What my Coaching is not…
It’s not about delving in great detail into the problems of the past. It’s about making a change in thinking right now to give you a better future.
It’s not about me telling you how to solve your problems. It’s about assisting you to discover your own answers which makes it so much more powerful and effective.
It’s not about telling you how to do your job or craft – you are already an expert in your field. It’s about stretching your mind-set to a healthier, more productive way of working and living.
It’s not a religion, a philosophy or a set of rules. It’s about facilitating you finding your own individual path that is completely bespoke.
It’s not an endless dependancy for which you’ll be mortgaging your house to pay for the next 10 years. It’s a concise series of one-to-one sessions over a 3-6 month period to complete the goals you set for yourself.
I do not offer hypnotherapy, psychiatry, psycho-therapy, financial advice, marriage counselling, drug and alcohol dependancy counselling; massage, tarot readings, dianetics, neuro-surgery, acupuncture or voodoo. If you come to me and I feel you’d do better with another type of professional I will let you know. I only want what will work best for you and may refer you on… apart from the voodoo though… can’t think of anyone who can help you there. 🙂